KeithRN’s Clinical Reasoning Case Studies
KeithRN case studies are time-saving tools that make it easy to deliver meaningful learning experiences that engage students as active participants in their learning.
Each Clinical Reasoning Case Study uses a consistent framework of open-ended questions requiring rationale for decision-making. Faculty can then evaluate how the student applied the clinical judgment process in different patient scenarios.
- Emphasize higher-level clinical judgment skills.
- Consistent framework of clinical reasoning questions.
- Use practice-informed, open-ended questions to prepare students for practice and licensure.
- Various levels of complexity to fit student learning needs.
- Include a comprehensive answer key (only available in the Think Like a Nurse Membership).
- Authored by clinical experts, peer-reviewed, and continuously updated.
- Patient scenarios are derived from real clinical patient situations.
- Integrates the frameworks of Tanner’s Clinical Judgment Model and the nursing process so students master clinical reasoning.
- Every case study uses the same clinical reasoning questions with repetition to reinforce and transfer clinical reasoning to practice.
- Flexible. Can be used in class, clinical post-conference, or simulation.
- Varying levels of complexity to adapt learning with fundamental to advanced students.