Case Study Scenario:
Sheila Dalton is a 52-year-old woman who has a history of chronic low back pain. She had a posterior spinal fusion of L4-S1 yesterday and is postoperative day (POD) #1… Her indwelling urinary (Foley) catheter was discontinued six hours ago and she has not voided since the catheter was removed. Sheila is tolerating oral fluids and has had an oral intake of 1000 mL in the past eight hours.
1. Develop Critical Thinking
- By applying and using knowledge most important to practice
2. Develop Clinical Reasoning
- By recognizing relevant clinical data to identify the nursing priority
3. Develop Clinical Judgment
- Outcome when student interprets, notices, and responds appropriately
Never pay extra for another case study.
All inclusive membership is your best value with unlimited access to over 200 case studies, exclusive topics, and video teaching aides.
Get started today for only $1!