Overview of Dilemma:
Though aggressive medical management is expected with a critically ill patient, there comes a time when the paths of quality of life and quantity of life intersect and the patient must make a choice. How the nurse can practically care and support a patient with end stage heart failure who needs to choose between dialysis for the rest of his life or hospice is the essence of this dilemma.
1. Develop “art” of Nursing
- By emphasizing importance of caring, compassion, and spiritual care.
2. Develop Ethical Decision Making
- By applying ethical decision making to real-life dilemmas of practice.
3. Develop Professional Behaviors
- By emphasizing how a nurse acts as a nursing professional.
Never pay extra for another case study.
All inclusive membership is your best value with unlimited access to over 200 case studies, exclusive topics, and video teaching aides.
Get started today for only $1!