Want a buffet instead of a la carte?
You now have a choice with new all-inclusive membership!
Get a buffet of clinical reasoning case studies to get your students nurse thinking and practice ready with access to everything on KeithRN, exclusive webinars, and two new case studies each month.
Get started for only $1, PLUS…receive a FREE copy of TEACH Students to Think Like a Nurse and student textbook THINK Like a Nurse ($100 value!).
Better yet, get your department on board at a discount. Contact Keith for an estimate!
Key Concepts in Order of Emphasis:
IV. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
V. Clinical Judgment
VI. Patient Education
Anthony has a history of sickle cell anemia. Students must be able to clinically reason by recognizing relevant clinical data that indicates that he is having a sickle cell crisis.
The nurse must be able to correctly interpret this data and then identify the nursing priority, plan of care and rationale for medical management.
This Case Study Begins with the Following Scenario:
Anthony Perkins is a 15-year-old African American male who was at a medically monitored summer camp and participated in several sports activities when the temperature was greater than 90 degrees.
He began having pain in his knees and was evaluated by the camp nurse. After evaluation, he was transported to his primary care provider where he was then transferred as a direct admit to the pediatric floor of the community hospital where you are the primary nurse responsible for his care. He weighs 70 kg.
Three Complementary Bonuses!
- Faculty users guide to successfully implement this active learning tool in your program!
- SBAR template. Use this to add and practice SBAR with this scenario!
- QSEN/concept based questions in Word doc. Integrate concepts and QSEN competencies into this case study! Several questions related to the primary concept and each QSEN category that can be edited to create a supplement for this case study.
Easy as 1, 2, 3: Get Your PDF Case Study Files NOW!
- Complete payment on PayPal
- New screen: “Order Details” has blue underlined “Download file” link
- Click link and file will be immediately downloaded to your computer!
Each case study purchased gives the educator the right to use/post for their INDIVIDUAL use.