Case Study Scenario:
Jean Kelly is an 82-year-old woman who has been feeling more fatigued the last three days and has had a fever the last twenty-four hours. She reports painful, burning sensation when she urinates as well as frequency of urination the last week.
Her daughter became concerned and brought her to the emergency department (ED) when she did not know what day it was. It has been greater than 90 degrees the past week and typically drinks only 2-3 glasses of water a day.
1. Develop Critical Thinking
- By applying and using knowledge most important to practice
2. Develop Clinical Reasoning
- By recognizing relevant clinical data to identify the nursing priority
3. Develop Clinical Judgment
- Outcome when student interprets, notices, and responds appropriately