Case Study Scenario:
Jack Holmes a 72-year-old Caucasian male brought to the ED by ambulance from a skilled nursing facility (SNF). According to the report from the paramedic, when the SNF nursing staff attempted to wake him this morning, he would not respond, and his BP was 74/40 with a MAP of 51.
1. Develop Critical Thinking
- By applying and using knowledge most important to practice
2. Develop Clinical Reasoning
- By recognizing relevant clinical data to identify the nursing priority
3. Develop Clinical Judgment
- Outcome when student interprets, notices, and responds appropriately