Overview of Dilemma:
When a patient is anxious, could this represent something more than a primary problem of anxiety? In this dilemma, a patient who almost died after surgery is making excellent progress, but something may be wrong. Does his sudden onset of shortness of breath and feelings of anxiety represent a physical, emotional, or a spiritual problem? The nurse needs to think in action and determine the current nursing priority to provide needed care and support.
1. Develop “art” of Nursing
- By emphasizing importance of caring, compassion, and spiritual care.
2. Develop Ethical Decision Making
- By applying ethical decision making to real-life dilemmas of practice.
3. Develop Professional Behaviors
- By emphasizing how a nurse acts as a nursing professional.