Want a buffet instead of a la carte?
You now have a choice with new all-inclusive membership!
Get a buffet of clinical reasoning case studies to get your students nurse thinking and practice ready with access to everything on KeithRN, exclusive webinars, and two new case studies each month.
Get started for only $1, PLUS…receive a FREE copy of TEACH Students to Think Like a Nurse and student textbook THINK Like a Nurse ($100 value!).
Better yet, get your department on board at a discount. Contact Keith for an estimate!
This level is best suited for practical and/or first-year/fundamental level of nursing students.
- Developing Nurse Thinking by Identifying Clinical Relevance/Significance. Identify clinically significant data from history of present problem and lab results
- Nurse Collected Clinical Data. Identify clinically significant data from VS and nursing assessment.
- Developing Nurse Thinking by APPLICATION of the Applied Sciences. Applies F&E, pharmacology, and dosage calculation to the bedside
- Developing Nurse Thinking by Identifying Clinical RELATIONSHIPS. Develop clinical thinking by identifying patterns/relationships of clinical data
- Developing Nurse Thinking by Identifying Clinical PRIORITIES. Contexualize care planning and priority setting to bedside
- Caring & the “Art” of Nursing. Reflective questions to encourage empathy, engagement, and caring
FUNDAMENTAL Reasoning case study topics:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome/Acute MI
- Heart Failure/Acute Renal Failure
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- DKA w/Chronic Renal Failure
- Anorexia with multiple F&E abnormalities
- Breast Cancer w/chemotherapy complications
- Post-op Pain Management (surgical) 1 of 2
- Post-op Pain Management: Cardiac Arrest (narcotic over sedation) 2 of 2
Each case study purchased gives the educator the right to use/post for their INDIVIDUAL use. Please purchase a site license to share this case study with other members in your department.