There are numerous challenges facing nurse educators that, for many, feel like a “perfect storm.” This Faculty Guide is designed to empower educators by reviewing current research-based solutions for two significant challenges in nursing education:
- graduates’ lack of clinical judgment skills
- the widening academic-practice gap between how nursing is taught and actually practiced
Learn how KeithRN’s innovative, practice reality-based Clinical Reasoning Case Studies enable students to develop clinical judgment, the key to graduates who are prepared for both practice and NextGen NCLEX.
Written in an easy-to-use format that integrates tested strategies, educators can quickly transform classroom, clinical and virtual teaching.
- Part One:
- Overview of nursing education challenges, how teaching clinical judgment can transform nursing education and an update on the Next Generation NCLEX®
- Part Two:
- Identifies evidence supporting using clinical reasoning case studies to close the academic-to-practice gap and build a case-based curriculum using KeithRN Clinical Reasoning Case Studies.
- Part Three
- Details specific strategies derived from research and clinical and education expertise to make it easy to use KeithRN Clinical Reasoning Case Studies in the classroom, clinical, simulation, and virtually to develop student clinical judgment.