Overview of Dilemma
This scenario highlights the ethical dilemma of medical futility when Mavis remains in ICU on a ventilator as a result of respiratory failure. She also has dementia and terminal cancer. The family is unwilling to consider withdrawing life support and one of the members is openly antagonistic and is not afraid to question and confront nurses about what he thinks is best for his mother.
1. Develop “art” of Nursing
- By emphasizing importance of caring, compassion, and spiritual care.
2. Develop Ethical Decision Making
- By applying ethical decision making to real-life dilemmas of practice.
3. Develop Professional Behaviors
- By emphasizing how a nurse acts as a nursing professional.
Never pay extra for another case study.
All inclusive membership is your best value with unlimited access to over 200 case studies, exclusive topics, and video teaching aides.
Get started today for only $1!