Case Study Scenario:
Jack Anderson is a 9-year-old boy who presents to the emergency department because he has been more sleepy and his breathing is “not normal;” it is deeper and faster, according to his parents.
Jack was sick with a respiratory virus two weeks ago but has since recovered. Jack began feeling more tired a few days ago when he started to complain of abdominal pain, headache, muscle aches, and consistently being hungry and thirsty.
He is urinating more frequently during the day and at night. His mother reports a normal full-term pregnancy and Jack has been healthy with no known medical conditions.
1. Develop Critical Thinking
- By applying and using knowledge most important to practice
2. Develop Clinical Reasoning
- By recognizing relevant clinical data to identify the nursing priority
3. Develop Clinical Judgment
- Outcome when student interprets, notices, and responds appropriately