Want a buffet instead of a la carte?
You now have a choice with new all-inclusive membership!
Get a buffet of clinical reasoning case studies to get your students nurse thinking and practice ready with access to everything on KeithRN, exclusive webinars, and two new case studies each month.
Get started for only $1, PLUS…receive a FREE copy of TEACH Students to Think Like a Nurse and student textbook THINK Like a Nurse ($100 value!).
Better yet, get your department on board at a discount. Contact Keith for an estimate!
This Case Study Begins with the Following Scenario:
Marilyn Smith is a single, African American 28-year-old female who presents to the emergency department with complaints of “feeling crummy” for the past six months. She reports that she no longer feels like doing any of the things she used to enjoy. “It all seems so pointless.”
She can’t even bother to eat most days and has lost weight recently. Although she has no energy, she finds it difficult to both fall sleep and stay asleep. Even when she does manage to fall asleep, she never feels rested when she awakes. She reports having difficulty at work as a computer support person because it is so hard for her to concentrate.
Last week she called in sick and spent the day in bed crying off and on all day. Last night she found herself crying again and this time she also thought about suicide, which scared her and prompted a visit to the ED. “I don’t want to live like this anymore. I feel like I will never be happy again.”
Concepts (in order of emphasis)
- Mood and Affect
- Clinical Judgment
Three Complementary Bonuses!
- Faculty users guide to successfully implement this active learning tool in your program!
- SBAR template. Use this to add and practice SBAR with this scenario!
- QSEN/concept based questions in Word doc. Integrate concepts and QSEN competencies into this case study! Several questions related to the primary concept and each QSEN category that can be edited to create a supplement for this case study.
Easy as 1, 2, 3: Get Your PDF Case Study Files NOW!
- Complete payment on PayPal
- New screen: “Order Details” has blue underlined “Download file” link
- Click link and file will be immediately downloaded to your computer!