Case Study Scenario:
John Gates is a 59-year-old male with a history of diabetes type II and hypertension who was at work when he had sudden onset of right-sided weakness, right facial droop, and difficulty speaking. He was transported to the emergency department (ED) where these symptoms continue to persist. It has been one hour from the onset of his neurologic symptoms when he presents to the ED. You are the nurse responsible for his care.
1. Develop Critical Thinking
- By applying and using knowledge most important to practice
2. Develop Clinical Reasoning
- By recognizing relevant clinical data to identify the nursing priority
3. Develop Clinical Judgment
- Outcome when student interprets, notices, and responds appropriately