Prepare your students today for the upcoming Next Generation NCLEX!
NextGen Reasoning integrates and identifies the six steps of the proposed NCSBN Model of Clinical Judgment that will be used to assess clinical judgment in the upcoming Next Generation NCLEX!
Case Study Scenario:
Bill Hill is a 71-year old male with a past medical history of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), peripheral vascular disease and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) two months ago after a bone marrow biopsy.
Six weeks ago, Bill was admitted because he had a syncopal episode. He was diagnosed with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and acute anemia with a Hgb of 6.9 and received a transfusion of one unit of PRBCs.
1. Develop Critical Thinking
- By applying and using knowledge most important to practice
2. Develop Clinical Reasoning
- By recognizing relevant clinical data to identify the nursing priority
3. Develop Clinical Judgment
- Outcome when student interprets, notices, and responds appropriately