Case studies suited for first-year nursing students
Builds upon Skinny Reasoning case studies by applying the sciences of pharmacology, F&E, and nursing process.
- Recognizing Clinical Relevance
Identify clinically significant data from the medical history and lab results.
- Analyzing Nurse-Collected Clinical Data
Identify clinically significant data from vital signs and nursing assessment.
- Nurse-Thinking Through the Applied Sciences
Apply F&E, pharmacology, and dosage calculation to the bedside.
- Identifying Clinical Relationships
Recognize patterns in clinical data.
- Identifying Clinical Priorities
Determine care planning and priority setting.
- Caring and the Art of Nursing
Reflective questions to encourage empathy, engagement, and caring.
Browse Fundamental Reasoning case studies in the KeithRN Store.
Select any topic below for additional info.
Never pay extra for another case study.
All-inclusive membership is your best value, with unlimited access to over 200 case studies, exclusive topics, and video teaching aides.
Get started today for only $1!
Exclusive Topics Only Inside Membership
- Fundamental Skills-NG Insertion
- Fundamental Nsg. Assessment:
- Respiratory System
- Neuro System
- GI System
- GU System
- Integumentary System
- Respiratory Distress
- Cardiac Arrest
- Altered Mental Status/Syncope
- Post-op Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Community Health: Homeless
- Community Health: Priority Setting Activity
- Home Health: Heart Failure (Part 1 & 2)
- Congenital Heart Defect
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Failure to Thrive
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Antepartum Care (1/4)
- Normal Vaginal Delivery (2/4)
- Postpartum Vaginal Delivery (3/4)
- Infant Care (4/4)
- Breastfeeding Infant
- Placental Abruption
- Postpartum Affective Disorder
- Borderline PD
- Depression-Older Adult/Suicidal
- PTSD-Army Veteran