Series of three concise case studies in one bundle.
- All three case studies describe the same scenario, yet each illustrates a different way of making a clinical judgment.
- Each step can be used separately, but student learning is strengthened when used as a complete series.
- Each case study includes a student version and an answer key for educators.
Case Study #1: Recognizing Relevance and Priorities
Introduces clinical reasoning, emphasizing the importance of recognizing relevant data from the initial assessment and labs to determine priorities.
Case Study #2: Recognizing Clinical Relationships
Builds upon Case Study #1, emphasizing the importance of recognizing clinical relationships. These relationships include past medical history and current medications; present clinical data and the primary medical problem; and four more relationships that students must know.
Case Study #3: Providing Holistic Care
Emphasizes the importance of the art of nursing by identifying psychosocial priorities and describing how empathy, engagement, and communication can be used to provide holistic care.
Browse Clinical Reasoning 1-2-3 case studies in the KeithRN Store.
Select any topic below for additional info.
Never pay extra for another case study.
All-inclusive membership is your best value, with unlimited access to over 200 case studies, exclusive topics, and video teaching aides.
Get started today for only $1!
Exclusive Topics Only Inside Membership
- Fundamental Skills-NG Insertion
- Fundamental Nsg. Assessment:
- Respiratory System
- Neuro System
- GI System
- GU System
- Integumentary System
- Respiratory Distress
- Cardiac Arrest
- Altered Mental Status/Syncope
- Post-op Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Community Health: Homeless
- Community Health: Priority Setting Activity
- Home Health: Heart Failure (Part 1 & 2)
- Congenital Heart Defect
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Failure to Thrive
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Antepartum Care (1/4)
- Normal Vaginal Delivery (2/4)
- Postpartum Vaginal Delivery (3/4)
- Infant Care (4/4)
- Breastfeeding Infant
- Placental Abruption
- Postpartum Affective Disorder
- Borderline PD
- Depression-Older Adult/Suicidal
- PTSD-Army Veteran