The inspiration for my resources are derived from my 30 years of clinical practice in a wide variety of high stakes settings including ED and ICU and being a nurse educator who never left the bedside.
DOWNLOAD LINK: Faculty_FREE_Downloads-REVISED_7-2014
1. Clinical Reasoning Questions To Develop Nurse Thinking: JUST REVISED 7/2014! My most popular download! This essential template of nurse thinking breaks down clinical reasoning step by step. Use this instead of a traditional care plan and you may never go back!
2. Sepsis: Fundamental Reasoning Clinical Reasoning Case Study: Clinical Reasoning Case Studies that allow students to PRACTICE nurse thinking! Complete with blank student copy and fully developed answer key.
3. Sepsis: Rapid Reasoning Clinical Reasoning Case Study
4. Sepsis: Unfolding Reasoning Clinical Reasoning Case Study
5. Fundamental Reasoning TEMPLATE: TEMPLATES to Build Your Own Clinical Reasoning Case Studies (Word doc. so you can modify!)
6. Rapid Reasoning TEMPLATE-REVISED 7/2014
7. Unfolding Reasoning TEMPLATE-REVISED 7/2014
8. THINK Like a Nurse! Practical Preparation for Professional Practice: Preview the preface, foreword, and introduction of my new book. Available for purchase only on KeithRN.
9. Declaration to Transform Nursing Education: sign this doc. & declare to BE THE TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE in your department!
10. For Your Joy by John Piper: This is the only resource I did not write, but is the most important. Lasting joy cannot come from what we do, but who we know…
FACULTY: KeithRN Complete-ALL 21 Clinical Reasoning Resources
$5 donation to support nursing education in Haiti!
For the price of a $5 footlong you can help support a nursing student (Viscly Escarment) in the only baccalaureate program in Haiti! (Click KeithRN Complete link below for more info!) KeithRN Complete includes all the files in my “Top 10” above as well as my highly sought after handouts on pharmacology, clinical lab values and other topics listed below:
11. Comprehending Cardiac Medications:If your students struggle with understanding cardiac meds DEEPLY, this handout will make a difference!
12. Clinical lab Values and Nursing Responsibilities: Will help students develop a plan of care around relevant abnormal lab values. I call this “Lab planning” and is a needed “nurse thinking” skill that must be practiced
13. “Lab Planning” Lab Tests That Must Be Mastered: Worksheet to make it simple to incorporate ”lab planning” into clinical practice
14. Most Common Categories of Medications: Summary of meds used in practice with basic responsibilities grouped according to pharm classifications
15. Medications to Master:Simplified med prep of five foundational questions that must be understood BEFORE you administer any medication
16. Professional Responsibilities as a Student Nurse: What does professional behavior look like in practice? Check out this checklist and see how your students are doing!
17. Clinical Worksheet: Patient Preparation: Use in second level or summative clinical to SIMPLIFY clinical data collection for your students!
18. Article–Think Like a Nurse: Transforming Nursing Education So Our Graduates are Prepared for Professional Practice: Practical Guide to transform your classroom with an emphasis on clinical reasoning!
19. Article–Care Like a Nurse: Developing the “Art” of Nursing in Our Students: Practical guide to get caring on the radar screen of your students!
20. Handout-Developing a Plan of Intentional Caring–Use this to develop caring behaviors in the clinical setting. See “Teaching Caring” for further information.
21. Alternative Clinical Assignment to Patient Care: Too many students in clinical or desire to promote DEEP nurse thinking? This was done in groups of two & took 4-6 hours to complete!